Sunday, March 22, 2015

Matei Over Five Years

So this is a character I decided to redraw again now that my photoshop skills have improved. You can see my style has changed A LOT.

2010: This was part of a class assignment & was one of the first times I used photoshop. I clearly didn't attempt shading of any kind & my anatomy is mind boggling. But hey, at least I used the dodge tool on his bangs! Name at the time: Crow...Honestly it's because I love the movie "The Crow".

2013: I was randomly really into the Gorillaz art style. This was when I still "shaded" using a black brush set to a low opacity...Not sure why I used such a pale/washed out palette.
Name at the time: Caleb...I really just wanted to keep the "C" in his name I guess.

2015: I guess this is Young Justice inspired...Gave him a healthier skin tone & made him look less like a grungy basement stoner, but the skinny jeans(?), shackles & red hoodie remained. I might bring back the choker lock he used to have around his neck...It's just I'm trying to streamline this look.
Name: Matei...This name is the keeper I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment